Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: Favorite clay masks

Origins active charcoal mask and Omorovicza deep cleansing mask
I use two different clay masks on rotation. One is a clear favorite of mine. But due to its hefty price tag, I spare it for special occasions while I maintain my skin with the other for the time being.

As you may have guessed from the picture above, my absolute favorite clay mask in the whole world is... Omorovicza deep cleansing mask. $120 for 1.7oz. It comes in a hefty clear glass container. The reason I am so in love with this product is that while being incredibly effective in cleaning out pores, it is so gentle on the skin. Furthermore, this mask is rich in nutrients that will actually treat the skin as it is drawing out impurities. This is the first clay mask that does the job without stripping or pulling on the skin.  Usually, with other clay masks, I have to follow up a clay mask with a hydrating mask. The clay masks usually leaves my face so tight and it is actually quite uncomfortable otherwise. Not this Omorovicza baby. Wipe or rinse off this mask, carry on with your regular night skincare routine, and go to sleep just waiting to see the amazing results the next morning. I have read other reviews that this product brings up impurities to the surface and actually brings up breakouts that were underneath. I don't know what that means... all I can tell is my face looks brightened and healed in the morning.  What a kind mud mask.

Origins clear improvement active charcoal mask does quite the same, but with the tightness and dryness afterwards. This puppy costs $24 for 3.4oz vs. omorovicza $120 for 1.7oz.... you can do the math. To achieve similar effects as omorovicza deep cleansing mask, I just follow up Origins charcoal mask with a good hydrating mask (I also have 2 favorites that I rotate through. a blog post for later). This is not a bad substitute. It just takes more time and maybe for the price of 2 masks (charcoal mask, hydrating mask), you can maybe justify investing in one good omorovicza mask.

Also, I have also noted that you go through Origins charcoal mask quite fast. Perhaps because I use this one liberally (slab on style) and use the omorovicza one so sparingly... hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment